Daniel Goddemeyer is an interdisciplinary researcher and designer who explores our relationships with technology through research, experiments and product applications.
He is the founder of OFFC, a New York City based research and design studio, that works with global brands, research institutions and start-ups to explore future product applications for today’s emerging technologies.
In his own research and with his MFA class at the School of Visual Arts he explores how the increasing proliferation of these technologies in our future lives will transform our everyday interactions.
Throughout his career, he has taken a key or leading role on a wide variety of projects for agencies such as Antenna Design, Future Farmers, ReD Associates and IDEO.
For his work he has received several distinctions and awards from the Art Directors Club, the Red Dot Award, the German Design Price, the Kantar Information is Beautiful award and the Industrial Designer Society of America.
His work has been exhibited internationally at the Westbound Shanghai Architecture Biennial, Data in the 21st century exhibition at V2 Rotterdam, Data Traces Riga and the Big Bang Data exhibition at London’s Somerset house among others.
- German Design Award
- Mercury Innovation Award
- Red Dot Award
- Kantar ‘Information is beautiful’ Award (Gold & Silver)
- Interaction17 Awards - Shortlist
- IDEA (International Design Excellence Award)
- ADC (Art Directors Club - Germany)
- Fastco Innovation by Design Awards - Finalist
- In the Public Eye, New York Public Library, New York, On Broadway
- Filmatic Festival, UCSD, La Jolla, California, Selfiecity
- Westbund Biennial of Architecture, Shanghai, On Broadway
- Biennial Graphic Design Festival Breda, Netherlands, On Broadway
- Data Traces, Riga, Latvia, On Broadway
- Data in the 21st Century, V2, Rotterdam, On Broadway
- Big Bang Data, Somerset House London, Selfiecity
- Data Esthetics exhibition, ACM Multimedia Amsterdam On Broadway
- CBS News: From Sepia to Selfie… - View
- FastCompany: Take a stroll down Broadway… - View
- Creators Project: ‘On Broadway’ Is a Stunning… - View
- PFSK: Exploring a city through social media… - View
- Gizmodo: Brilliant App Tells You Where You’ll Have a Signal… - View
- Wired Magazine: Super Handy Maps Show Which NYC… - View
- The Verge: Track cell service along your subway route… - View
- FastCoDesign: Where To Find Cell Reception On The Subway - View
- Flowing Data: Cell reception on the subway, mapped - View
©2017 Daniel Goddemeyer