Daniel Goddemeyer is an interdisciplinary researcher and designer who explores our future relationships with technology through research, experiments and product applications.
He is currently the principal of OFFC, a New York City based research and design studio that works with global brands, research institutions and start-ups to transform today’s emerging technologies into tomorrow's product applications.
In his recent work with OFFC, or as an independent consultant, he has led large-scale strategic innovation projects for a range of diverse clients.
Projects he has led have helped BBVA's Innovation Center to create a range of data driven services that were taken from initial research to successful market entry, enabled Audi to rethink the digital modalities around urban transportation and supported the Bloomberg Philanthropies to create more automated ways of detecting change in cities through data.
Through his own research and with his MFA class 'Urban Fictions' at the School of Visual Arts he explores what the social implications of these technologies on our future everyday lives will be.
For his work he has received several distinctions and awards from the Art Directors Club, the Red Dot Award, the German Design Price, Fast Company's Innovation by Design, the Kantar Information is Beautiful Award and the Industrial Designer Society of America.
His work has been exhibited internationally such as at the Westbound Shanghai Architecture Biennial, Data in the 21st century exhibition at V2 Rotterdam, Data Traces Riga and the Big Bang Data exhibition at London’s Somerset house.
He is an avid speaker at conferences and has recently spoken at Interaction17, Strata, Bloomberg Big Apple Redux among others.
• Interaction18, Lyon, (Upcoming - 2018)
• FITC, Toronto, (Upcoming - 2018)
• Globant Converge, NYC, 2017
• Strata New York City, 2017
• Bloomberg Big Apple Redux, NYC, 2017
• Interaction17, NYC, 2017
• Wolfram Alpha Data Summit, 2016
• Geo NYC, 2016
• German Design Award
• Mercury Innovation Award
• Red Dot Award
• Kantar ‘Information is beautiful’ Award (Gold / Silver / Bronze)
• Interaction17 Awards - Shortlist
• IDEA (International Design Excellence Award)
• ADC (Art Directors Club - Germany)
• Fastco 'Innovation by Design' Award - Finalist
• Fastco 'Exist' World changing Ideas Award - Finalist
• Neotopia: Data and Humanity, Art Center Nabi, Seoul, 2017
• Social Mobility: Envisioning Bodies in Motion, Hyundai Motorstudio, Bejing, 2017
• You are here NYC, Pratt Gallery, New York, 2017
• Biennial Graphic Design Festival Breda, Netherlands, 2016
• Data Traces, Riga, Latvia, 2016
• Data in the 21st Century, V2, Rotterdam, 2016
• Big Bang Data, Somerset House London, 2016
• In the Public Eye, New York Public Library, New York, 2015
• Filmatic Festival, UCSD, La Jolla, California, 2015
• Westbund Biennial of Architecture, Shanghai, 2015
• Data Esthetics exhibition, ACM Multimedia Amsterdam, 2015
• Washington Post
• LA Times
• CBS News
• Creators Project
• Wired Magazine
• The Verge
• Flowing Data
©2017 Daniel Goddemeyer